Waukesha woes (283 Crank)

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Waukesha woes (283 Crank)

Colin Curle a.ka. Ivan Klishov I have a Cockshutt 1650 Diesel with a Waukesha DLA 283 engine that I am hoping to rebuild. My Dad got a new crankshaft for a VRD 283 engine. According to the guy he bought it off, it has the same journal size as the orginal crank, but there are no dowel pins on it to fit the flywheel and the original crank pulley won't fit i either as the new crank is much wider on the front end. The orginal crank has the casting number of 221211c, but the new one has the casting number of 221211e. If anyone has dealt with this sort of problem, please inform me of your solution, my Cockshutt and I will appreciate it.
Wayne I don't know all about it, but just overhauled a 1650 oliver diesel. it has the late model direct injection, which is different from the earlier fuel power cell style injectors. Well, I guess there are a number of differences and would not be surprised of a change in the cranks.

I am trying to sell my tractor. I spent a lot of money overhauling this motor, and would consider selling the entire tractor as is for $4000. It might be cheaper for you to buy this and install in your cockshutt.

I bought my crank in western canada out of a cockshutt, turned 20-20. They say that is about as much as you can go, but i then found rod and main bearings for up to 40 over, so guess most cranks can be turned.

I wish you luck!

WR

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: