loss of power in power takeoff

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

loss of power in power takeoff

bob s I have an Oliver super77. I've mowed weeds for a couple of years with it. I have a 5 ft mower from farm and fleet that was new last year. Anyhow I was trying to mow yesterday and the mower would stop turning when the weeds got a little thick, I would have to come to a stop, let the mower rev up again and then move forward. This is taking forever, I don't remember having a power loss like this last year. The engine maintains its rpm's, just the pto loses power. Anybody help?
Jason The PTO shaft stops turning? You more than likley have a sheild over the shaft so may not see. Look and see if the Shaft is turn when the cutter is not. Sounds like the slip clutch on the cutter. Do you keep it outdoors? The weather causes the discs to shrink. If not the tractor PTO clucth may need some adjustment.
Jason The PTO shaft stops turning? You more than likley have a sheild over the shaft so may not see. Look and see if the Shaft is turn when the cutter is not. Sounds like the slip clutch on the cutter. Do you keep it outdoors? The weather causes the discs to shrink. If not the tractor PTO clucth may need some adjustment.

I am sure I don't have to say but do not grab or get near with hands feet or cloths a PTO shaft with the tractor running

james ellis how do you ajust the darn thing, i have the same thing on my 550, the cluch cover is off, but, i have no idea on how to ajust it, i was told to move a cog keeper away,look for a large screw&ajust it, i see a cog wheel, now i'm lost, any ideas?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: