SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Oliver Suiper 55 Carburetor

Gentleman Farmer Despite the kind ministrations of a truly good neighbor, the Carter UT carb on my 1955 Oliver Super 55 is leaking fuel out the air intake. I know the Carter UT and the Marvel-Schebler TSX were OEM on the early Super 55s,and a Zenith was fitted as OEM on the late (1958) Super 55. I am ready to go with a remanufactured unit to reset the carburetion, and have found a source for a what appears to be a good, warranteed M-S TSX unit. My quandry is this: Should I change to the M-S from the Carter UT (are they about equal in performance), or should I try to find a reman Carter UT, or attempt to retrofit the later Zenith. It has been frustrating, since I was able to get the tractor running well for a little while, but I think bsic carburetion problems has caused this latest setback.

Any advice from more knowlable Oliver owners is greatly appreciated.

Butch If the leak is not caused by a crack I would think a new needle valve and seat should fix that problem.

Gentleman Farmer Thanks, Butch. I'll check that out.
Butch When you have the carburetor apart check to make sure there isn't any gas inside the float causing it to sink and keeping the needle valve open.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: