SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Oliver 1650 hydraulic, breaks, & steering problem

Paula I have a diesel Oliver 1650 Hydra Power tractor. I bought it last year and it worked great until now. First I was mowing hay & the hydraulics stopped working, I added hyrdaulic fluid. Then I noticed my break wasn't holding when I stopped, which held great before. Then I started having problems with the steering. Are all these problems connected to the hydraulics??? My neighbor thought they might be but he has never worked with Olivers. I thought about changing the filter but wasn't sure if that was the right step to take first. Any help is appreciated because my uncle usually helps me with my tractors, but he doesn't know much about Oliver's and he is in the hospital so he can't look at it with me.

Thanks!

Paula I forgot to mention, after baling (with a kicker baler w/hydraulics) the hydraulics stopped working again & the fluid was low again but I don't see any leaks.
Cleon Couey Paula,
The hydraulics and steering are related. If you don't see hydraulic oil leaking it's probably leaking internally into the rear end. Check the rear end oil.Check plug is on right rear of tractor just above the lower 3 point arm. If it's over full let it drain out the check plug. If this is the case your hydraulic pump is leaking and may be damaged from running dry. If the rear end is over full it could be leaking onto the brake discs causing them to lose grip.
The hydraulic pump and brake discs will probably have to be replaced.

Gary Stoos Not for sure to post question here but I could use some help... On my 1650 oliver the hyd. pump must be working cuz my loader and steering works fine, but yesterday my 3 point stopped going up and down. What should be my next step ??
bob What hydraulic fluid should I use in my Oliver 1650?
Josh burtop I took on a side job working on a Oliver 1650 diesel wide front it just recently had the loader and hydraulics removed for the loader. My customer was running his spreader when he lost power steering and also noticed a grinding noise below the front of the seat. When I went to look at it I checked the chain at the crank and the fluid the both were fine. My next step was to pull the top cover off of transmission to see if there was anything broken but I never work on one before and wanted to check myself before I go any father. Dose anyone no of common problems that effect the power steering I the transmission please let me kno thank you.
Randy I have a 1650 Oliver tractor and I'm losing hydraulic fluid out of the top of the steering column / wheel does anybody know how to fix this?
Rich I was cutting hay today,lost power steering,hyds, & PTO operations? What now?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: