SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Oliver 70 transmission oil change.

Byron lambe I own a restored Oliver 70 and would like to change the transmission oil. The manual is not clear. There appeares to be front and rear transmission chanbers. Says it takes 6 gallons and I only see one place to add the oil. My question is- if add the oil through the location on the front of the transmission will it fill both chambers. I also wonder if there are two drain plugs. I would appreaciate any help!
Thanks.

oliver fan Yes there are two drain plugs. When you are under the transmission housing you will see both of them. One wil be about 12 to 16 inches ahead of the other. You are correct, there is only one fill hole. The oil will run into both compartments.
Gordon Same situation: Do you recommend that I flush with diesel fuel after draining old oil? Oil has sat in 70 for 25 years. The oil pours slowly and is brownish-black.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: