SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

oliver 550 Steering problems

peggy when i drive my tractor the front tires would clunk bad. I checked the rims, etc and it wasn't coming from there. I also noticed that when I turned one wheel would turn more than the other so if you looked at the front of the tractor you would see one wheel pointing left or right more than the other. I think the clunking noise and the steering out of whack is coming from the steering box. Any suggestions???
Chris Peggy, you need to jack up the front end of the tractor to get both wheels off the ground and place on jackstands. Once stable, grab the tire on top and bottom, rocking it back and forth. You
are checking for "slop" in king pins & bushings.
I am doing some work for a man now with a Super55
that has worn out king pins/bushings - looks ok when driving forward, but in reverse it is very pigeon-toed.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: