SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Oliver 1655 Gas Surges Also looking for a 1610 part

Elliot O Hi, I'm been having a on going issue with our Oliver, It run good for quite awhile, like maybe a hour or so and then eventually it seems to develop a surge at random, and it will not stop doing this unless the tractor sits for quite a while and I restart it and put it away.

Things I've tried with no success:

Cleaned sediment bowl
Fuel filter is pretty new
Had, govenor worked on
Carb rebuild kit
Thorough Cleaning of carb, all jets and jet paths
Adjusted the Bumper screw numerous ways
Adjusting carb while it happens
Disconnect air cleaner while it happens

I've seemed to run out of ideas and I hope someone here has had a similar experience that they could guide me in the right direction.

Also, I'm looking for a right assembly for a 1610 loader. The tractor was struck and put a large bend in the underhang bar that leads to the axle carrier on the right side. Does anyone have a 1610 loader they parted out that i could buy this from?

Any help is appreciated!

C.Crochet Is the air filter clean? I had an inline fuel filter on my 1655 and it ran poorly the fuel system is gravity fed and I think the extra inline filter restricted the flow enough to starve it out some. hope that is helpfull good luck!
Elliot I figured out What the problem was, Cleaned off all the points and rotor in the Distributor and lubed up the rocker and cam in there as well, and it works great now. Just Wanted to post so if anyone else has this problem, They can try this.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: