Oliver 1850 Steering Lock-up

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractor & White Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Oliver 1850 Steering Lock-up

John Allen I have an Oliver 1850 and I have lost all power steering. I have fluid at every point, but I can barely turn the wheel with all my might. Thats bucket up or down. I am thinking that I will need to replace the power steer pump but I am hoping that someone would have a suggestion on what to try. And if not, where the cheapest place would be to purchase one.
rrlund Did it just happen all to once? Rev it up and wiggle the remote levers quickly several times,with the engine and hyd oil warmed up. It might just be a stuck flow divider.
Another thing that has happened to us in the past is that the needle bearing at the top of the steering column will seize up.Try to get some light oil down around the shaft by tilting it up and just pouring oil in and let it soak in. I've seen them get so seized that you would almost crack the plastic on the wheel.

dually guy it could be the main steering box, but it is more likely the priority valve
Jeff Lawrence Was wondering if you could guide me a bit on what to do about a Oliver 1755, we have also experianced the steering locked up, I did tilt the steering up and lubricated the top of , I do believe what is the steering pump on the colum,it has four hyd lines going into it,it has loosened slightly, but is still hard to steer, we do have oil to all points, I also pulled the flow divider apart to check the spool and the springs, I did not find anything,but have had no luck in getting this solved. I am not really up on the tractors. Are there bearings inside of the coulm that i need to lubricate? If you want please call me, 585-509-2824, I could use the help, this tractor is still in great shape and I do not want to part with it. Please help if you can and I greatly appreciate any advice.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractor & White Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: