Power Steering

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractor & White Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Power Steering

Chris Hello, I have an Oliver 1600, the steering wheel can spin all the way around with no resistance. I was told that there is a pin that may have sheared, is that true or is there something else I am missing?
Thanks

rrlund Do you mean spin without the motor running,or you can turn it with the motor running without the wheels turning? If the latter is the case,you have probably broken the shaft in the front that runs down from the steering unit. It's not uncommon,not hard to change,not expensive. As for a pin,I don't think so. The steering column shaft runs directly in to a hydramotor. The way that that shaft works is that it is like the gooseneck on bicycle handlebar. When you loosten the cap in the center of the steering wheel,it loosens the wedge half in the bottom of the column.That threaded rod might be completely unscrewed and has fallen off. If you have more questions about it,email me.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractor & White Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: