1655 Transmision Problems

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

1655 Transmision Problems

Joe G Hi,I have an Oliver 1655 that seams to be stuck in 5th gear. I was driving in 4th and started turning and it just slowed down on it's own and almost snubbed like the brakes were locked. Pushed in the clutch and couldn't get the shift lever to move. After rocking it,I got it into nuetral let out the clutch and it was still engaged but not snubbing out. I drove it into the shed and now I can only move the shift lever through all the gears with the tractor off except for 5th. Does anyone know of a simple remedy to fix this or am I looking at major work on the transmition? Any help will be appreciated, Thank You.
kevin the super 55 owner Sounds like some slop in the top plate area. Go to olivertractor.com and ask Larry. He is a former mechanic and knows all about them.
kevin the super 55 owner Go to olivertractor.com and ask Larry. He is a former mechanic and knows all about them.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: