super 77

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractor & White Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

super 77

Gus I have a super77 with wide front, set in a very wide stance. It had a belly mower on it and i believe the front has been in this position for 50 years. I have operated and worked on Olivers for about 50 years also,but i can't get this front end to budge when i try to narrow it up. This includs using a 50 ton porta-power. Any help would be appreciated.
rrlund Good luck. We got in to a discussion about this on another site a year ago. Everything from heat to driving down the ties on a railroad track. One guy out of all of us had success,he took it to a shop that heated it and it cost him over $300 when it was all over with. I have a 1600 with a loader on it that I'd like to narrow up too. I've been running it with the clamps loose for 6 years now,thinking that it will work loose eventually. I dont think I'll live long enough to see it happen. The ironic part is,the ones on my 1550 and 1850 are narrowed up for 30" rows and they must be loose,there is constantly a little powdered rust around them. If there is an easy way,I hope somebody lets both of us know.
Chapman Enterprises I know what you are going thru. I have got alot of them unstuck over the years.Some hade to be taken off. There is no easy way, but. If you get some PB Blaster and heat the outside tube (NOT RED HOT)Best with a heating tip all around the tube then spray the pb baster in the end the heat will make the lube pull in between the 2 tubed then let cool. Do this a couple of times it may come loose. This is what oliver told me years ago how to do it.There are other ways but the front end must be remover, but i have NEVER had one the did not come loose for me. Brian

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractor & White Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: