Transmission locked up

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

Transmission locked up

Kurt Braun I have a Super 55 Diesel with a locked up transmission. could you give me some idea on what to do? I think it is between gears. The shift stick will not move and when I let the clutch out the engine dies.Thanks
Kurt Braun

kevin the super 55 owner Hi Kurt:
trying asking your question to Larry At www.olivertractor.com. He used to wrench on Olivers.

Kurt Braun : Hi Kurt:
: trying asking your question to Larry At www.olivertractor.com. He used to wrench on Olivers.

thanks

kurt

Erky : I have a Super 55 Diesel with a locked up transmission. could you give me some idea on what to do? I think it is between gears. The shift stick will not move and when I let the clutch out the engine dies.Thanks
: Kurt Braun

Well, if the transmission is similar to the Super 99 I ran for many years on a snowblower, what happened is the stick socket is worn and when you pulled it down out of one of the uppward gears you lifted the stick inadvertantly. What then happened was the ball on the end of the stick slipped out of the socket and didn't shift out of the gear you were in. You then shifted into another gear and thus it's locked in two gears and the engine will stall. If you keep this tractor for long you will get good at pulling the stick out and fishing around until all the shift rods are lined up and away you go. Believe me, sitting crossways on a grid road at -30 F in the dark is usually the place it would happen. This won't happen if you put your palm down on the shifter instead of grabbing the knob from below. Hope this helps. The only other cure is to take the top plate off and put everthing back where it belongs.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: