Main transmission and final drive fill and check plugs

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Main transmission and final drive fill and check plugs

Robert McCarley Does anybody have an idea of the locations of the
fill plug for the main transmission for Oliver
1850 my manual is not giving me the right information
need to find the check plug and the fill plug.

Thank you
Robert McCarley

Andrew Janikula The transmission and final drive oil level check plugs are on the right hand side of the pto housing. These are about 1/2" plugs about 3" apart vertically. To fill the transmission and final drive(which share their oil as there are openings between the units internally) remove the large pto clutch adjustment plug on the left side of the pto housing-dump oil in there. Remember to check the oil level after a period of time as it may take a few minutes for all the oil to get through the openings to the transmission. Specs call for 80-90 gear oil not hydraulic fluid.
Andrew Haytt : Does anybody have an idea of the locations of the
: fill plug for the main transmission for Oliver
: 1850 my manual is not giving me the right information
: need to find the check plug and the fill plug.

: Thank you
: Robert McCarley

The plug is behind the seat on the left with a square 3/4 drive hole next to the main three point hitch you will see it flat. If you need more call 763-753-2072 ask for andy or jeff :-)

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Name:
Email: