1250 Oliver starter

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1250 Oliver starter

Tim Stewart I have a 1250 Oliver diesel with a bad starter. I would like to know if anyone knows of any other starter that would fit this tractor. It is a 24 volt system from factory but I would like to change it to a 12 volt system. Did any of these tractors come with 12 volt systems? Does anyone know of any parts available for these tractors? Thanks
ken pruett : I have a 1250 Oliver diesel with a bad starter. I would like to know if anyone knows of any other starter that would fit this tractor. It is a 24 volt system from factory but I would like to change it to a 12 volt system. Did any of these tractors come with 12 volt systems? Does anyone know of any parts available for these tractors? Thanks

ken pruett : I have a 1250 Oliver diesel with a bad starter. I would like to know if anyone knows of any other starter that would fit this tractor. It is a 24 volt system from factory but I would like to change it to a 12 volt system. Did any of these tractors come with 12 volt systems? Does anyone know of any parts available for these tractors? Thanks
Jim these parts are very difficult to find. Mason Tractor co. in Winchester, tenn. is a source.

manuel : I have a 1250 Oliver diesel with a bad starter. I would like to know if anyone knows of any other starter that would fit this tractor. It is a 24 volt system from factory but I would like to change it to a 12 volt system. Did any of these tractors come with 12 volt systems? Does anyone know of any parts available for these tractors? Thanks

Tim,
I believe the 1250, 1255, 1450 & 1455 were all made by Fiat. A Fiat place may be able to help.

Tim Thanks Ken. I tried Mason's with no luck. There has to be some other starter to fit this....I hope..lol
John Carter Tim,
Deutz 3006 starter will fit the 1250 Oliver. You will have to grind a small area
off the side of the Oliver and you will have to file the bolt hole just alittle.
The Deutz starter is a 12 volt, just change the generator to a 12 volt alternator
an your in business. I changed mine and it starts great now. I can get you the
starter number if you need it. I know its a Bosch. (? spelling)

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Name:
Email: