Oliver 55

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractor & White Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Oliver 55

bruce Shipp I am fairly new to this whole tractor thing, especially Oliver tractors. I am looking at an Oliver 55, early 60s, that has been freshly overhauled 10 hours ago: ground crank, new rods, new rings, all new brearings and gaskets. Tires are good, No smoke, no leaks, new paint. He is asking $4200. Is this even close to a reasonable price? Thanks.
Bill Bruce, super 55's were made from 1954 through 1958. The price sounds a little high but then again I haven't seen the tractor. If you decide to go with it make sure the hydraulics are up to par.
Kevin If it has PTO and a good hydralic 3 point lift, thats a good price. The Super 55 is from the fifties, the 550 replaced it through the sixties. The Oliver will have more horsepower than the Ford 8N and 9N it competed against.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractor & White Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: