Oliver 1650 new gas problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractor & White Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Oliver 1650 new gas problem

Mike M I have a 1969 Oliver 1650 with a gas engine. I have spoken with several people who are having the same problem that I am experiencing. In the past two years the tractor has been running rough. It fouls the plugs extremely quick. Everyone I have spoken to says that these tractors were designed for leaded gas and that todays gas does not run well in these tractors. I have been given a few options to try. Hotter plugs. It currently has Champion RN14YC plugs in it. The other suggestion was to mix aviation fuel (also known as turbo blue) with unleaded gas in a 50/50 mixture.

Anyone have experience with this problem? Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know what the model# of a hotter plug would be that would have the same thread size and lenght as a Champion RN14YC

Thanks,

Mike

john i use n 11 y champion check the timing i just use reg gas no problems
Cody Av. Gas and Turbo Blue is totally diif. av. gas ia 100 oct. and turbo blue is 110 oct. Av gas is about 1/2 price. too.

rick when was the last time the carburator was rebuilt?
It should run fine on todays gas but you should add good lead additive, such as cen-pe-co. I recommend the carb rebuild and a good tune up, then it should run fine.

wayne
change to the high energy igition system to fire the low flash point gasoline we have now days

Ron I was having the same problem with plug fouling. I tried hotter plugs in both one and two higher heat ranges. Still fouled. Then I realized that small amounts of foreign material was finding its way into the carb and causing it to run rich all the time. After a carb cleaning and installation of a small can-type gas filter between the sediment bowl and the carb, no problems. I haven't had to mess with the plugs for two years. Good luck.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractor & White Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: