Oliver 1850 Ertl Toy in pink

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractor & White Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Oliver 1850 Ertl Toy in pink

DawnK I have acquired an Oliver 1850 toy tractor made by Ertl. It is pink in color and was told that this was made as part of a promotion regarding power and tractor power.

Research seems to indicate that Ertl produced the 1850 toy tractors in 1965. Does anyone know anything about this promotion and when it happened, and whether my information may be true? I can't seem to find information on this.

Thank you for your help.

centex_farmer_82 At some point in the 60's Oliver introduced a new plow which they marketed as "the color blind plow" (basically marketing to IH, JD, Ford, MF and all other brand farmers). So they painted an oliver 1850 Cadillac Pink and used it to demonstrate the plow.
centex_farmer_82 here's the actual Oliver promotional video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m124FlhHDo

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractor & White Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: