SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Minneapolis moline 585 how to get the cam out?

KYLE So i have a oliver g1355 got the tractor not running so after some work got it cranking and had a knock when cranking but not running. It bugged me so i tore into it to find the gear on thr crank is loose like the key is worn so after looking at it i tore the heads off and every exaust valve was smashing the pistons at some time! But now with the juggs off and lifters out the cam is still tight, so it looks like i have to pull the cam gear to get to another plate to get the cam out, am i thinking right?
Has anyone ever had this happen? Did the key on the crank get slop and casue the timing to get off of did someone put it together wrong? And what are the timming specs the line on the crank gear line up with 1 on the cam gear, any help would be great
Thanks Kyle

Butch Pull the cam gear and you should then see the cam thrust plate bolted to the block.
Remove the thrust plate.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: