m5 pto

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Minneapolis Moline Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

m5 pto

BPH Hello Everyone,
I've got a couple of questions for you experts.
1.In my owners manual it says use a soap based lithium grease in the water pump hub.I'm not the only one who's never heard of this.Can't find it and no-one knows what I'm talking about.
2. I was using the tractor last weekend and it started making a howling noise,seems to be coming from the pto.I turned it off asap and tried to figure out what's wrong,the pump is getting hot so I'm guessing the fluid is broken down(i hope thats all).If it's more serious is there a fixable bearing there?Any help would be greatly appreciated.I'm going to try changing fluid and filter first,if,I can find type-A fluid (no seems to know about that either)I think i live in a bunk area for tractor help (ha,ha).Thanks alot everyone,without this forum i'd be in real trouble! BPH

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Minneapolis Moline Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: