SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Help identifying a motor

Ken Downs
Help identifying a motor

I have a MM engine that is coupled to an american hoist winch dow here in florida. Not sure what model this is from. The engine and winch work fine an the owner no longer uses it an I am trying to figure out what the value of it is as it runs fine. I have more detailed photos available.
thanks for any assistnace

Steve Smith I used to sell used construction equipment and parts.
What you have is an International stationary power plant. If the engine starts on gas and runs on diesel, it's most likely a UD series. They were built up to the 60s or so. Parts are kind of hard to find, and they had a problem with cracks between the combustion chamber and water jacket (don't ever let it get low on coolant!!)
If it's straight gasoline, then I'm not sure of the model, though IHC was very good about putting casting numbers on their parts--the numbers are generally the same as the part number. Should also be a data tag on the block towards the bellhousing.

Price in running condition? $500 to $1,200, depending on age and engine model.

knox that power plant is not an international ud... its probably a minneapolis moline 3 5/8" x4" (165 in3) unit. someone just painted it red... they used lots of them in american and little giant cranes...i bet it has 2 valve covers on its left side (when viewed from the flywheel end).. and the carb and spark plugs are on the right hand side... would fit a z or r mm tractor.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: