Moline Grain Drill Hyraulic Lift

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Minneapolis Moline Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Moline Grain Drill Hyraulic Lift

Bill Becker I am in the process of restoring a 10' drill and and having a problem with the hydraulic lift. When I first installed the hydraulic lift, it would barely clear the ground when the cylinder was fully extended. I turned the brackets around that attach to the square shaft that lifts the openers and now it has plently of ground clearance, but it puts pressure on the clutch mechanism that kicks the grass seeder in and out of gear. If I back the hydraulics off a couple of inches, it works great.
In order to make this thing idiot proof, it looks like I have two options; drill new holes in the "Y" bracket and re-attach the lift brackets attached to the square shaft.Or, plumb something into the hydraulics that will restrict that distance that the cylinder will be allowed to extend. I have something that came off of a UB tractor with a thumb screw that I was thinking about trying.
I'm also trying to find a set of markers to put on this drill.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Minneapolis Moline Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: