445 gear oil

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Minneapolis Moline Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

445 gear oil

mike Are there separate fill points to add gear oil to my 445? I noticed there are 2 level plugs on the right side of the tractor. Is one for the level of the Ampli-torque and one for the gear box. If so, where do you add oil to the Ampli-torque area? I have been adding oil at the large plug just behind the gear lever.
Benny I shouldn't do this without the operator's manual in front of me, but if I remember right the upper plug is for with Ampli-torque and the lower is without. There is an opening between the two just below the upper plug that allows oil into the Ampli-torque compartment. Your doing it correctly.
zjent My manual says there is a separate fill hole for the Amplitorque located on the right side, at about one or two o'clock above the overflow plug. It is behind a larger washer. One would need a suction gun or similar to fill it. It says nothing about the transmission having an overflow that feeds the Amplitorque. Tranny...six gallons. Amplitorque...two gallons.
mi milfs
Texas 445 If you have ampli-torque, you fill from the the top plug at the shifter. Oil will drain from the lower right side level plug when level is reached. The book says "drive the tractor at slow speed and allow fluid to circulate to fill ampli-torque clutch area to proper level" (that is the upper plug on the right ahead of the trans level plug). Just to keep it simple... if you have a later 445, which has an expansion plug on the right side where the ampli-torque adjustment is made, simply fill the ampli-torque clutch area through that access area till the fill level plug starts to seep ( do not fill to the level of the adjustment access hole.). On earlier models, it could be done through the forward level plug hole with a small hose and a left over empty quart bottle used for heavy gear lube... e.g. a 90W 120W bottle. (because earlier versions of the 445 did not have the adjustment access hole.). Keep in mind that these trannies took much lighter oil according to the manufacturer.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Minneapolis Moline Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: