MM 1953 Model BF

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Minneapolis Moline Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MM 1953 Model BF

Del Harris I have a MM 1953 BF I need a few parts. The BF presently needs a clutch assembly rework.

1) clutch disk (ten teeth spline 9" dia.)
2) clutch release bearing
3) pressure plate or just replacement release
fingers
4) pilot bearing in flywheel
5) clutch shaft rear bearing
6) 2 drive shaft universal joints

I figure on the bearings I probably can take them
to a bearing distributer and cross reference them.
However, I'm not sure if this will work for all
of the bearings I need.
The biggest obvious dilemas are the preasure
plate, clutch disc and u joints. The preassure
plate surface could be cleaned up, but the release
fingers on the plate are shot. The clutch disc probably could be relined, but I don't know any sources for this operation.
I would like to do further work on this tractor,
and am interested in any good contacts and parts
sources.
I presently own a manual by Intertec which
contains a collection of MM Shop manuals BF
included. This manual has been very helpful in
many ways, but week in some others.
I would also like to do some work on the
Hydraulics on the BF, MM calls it a HKG System,
but my BF manual doesn't show a breakdown of it.
While looking at other MM systems in my shop
manual collection for other MM tractors, I
discovered my HKG hydraulic system looks identical
to the MM Uni-matic Hydraulic system. The only
differences I can see are cosmetic, like tank
mounting and control manifold plumbing. Pump, ram
and contol resevoir look the same.
I was wondering if there are any other manuals
which may break down the Hydrulics, specific to
the BF model beter than the one I have.

Thanks
Del Harris

CLAUDE I HAVE JUST COMPLETE A OVERHAUL OF CLUTCH ASSEMBLY,IHAD THE CLUTCH RELINE, A IT LOOK LIKE A NEW PRESSURE PLATE ASSY, DUE TO A FINGER WERE BROKEN. ALL THE BEARING WERE PURCHASE AT NAPA AUTO PARTS, NOS ENGINE SEAL, PART 38220, BEARING PART #BR88506, BEARING PART #N1055 TOTAL $100.33 CLUTCH REWORKED AND PRESSURE PLATE, PILOT BEARING WERE PURCHASE AT MARGOT INC. BATON ROUGE,LA. TEL#225-927-3700, JERRY IN THE PARTS DEPT.
CLAUDE THE PRESSURE PLATE FINGERS ON THIS NEW PLATE ARE WIDER AND HOPFULLY OVERCOME THE PROBLEMS, MAKE SURE YOU ADJUST THE CLUTCH FREE PLAY ON THE FOOT PEDAL, YOU NEED A TORCH!!!!! ONE OF THE CAUSES, THAT WEAR THE FINGERS DOWN,THE OTHER BEING THE THROWN OUT BEARING SHAFT THAT HANGS UP ONTHE END OF THE SHAFT OF THE HOUSING ASSY. ADJUST THE FREE PLAY ON THE FOOT PEDAL.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Minneapolis Moline Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: