1964 Massey Ferguson MF-50

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1964 Massey Ferguson MF-50

L.C. Arwood Started up my old tractor yesterday 2/14/07 cause we were going to get some snow accumulation. Tractor started okay but I couldn't move the steering wheel left or right.
It has power steering. I checked the fluid level and added a little fluid. However it did no good. My question is: Shouldn't I be able to at least turn the wheel a little without power steering? It feels like when you go to turn a car steering wheel without the key turned to 'on'. So I need a new power steering unit?
Thanks for any help or suggestions you could give me.
L.C. Arwood

Tim W When you turn the steering wheel it moves a pitman that has a tapered pin. This set-up allows you to move it a "little" before it pushes a spool connected to a valve. The spool could be stuck (in front of the radiator). OR it could be a locked up vertical wheel spindle. Just to hard for the P/S to turn.That happened to us once because it had packed with dirt. You can take the arms loose and see if it moves without the wheels attached. There could be several reasons. tewilliams1957@bellsouth.net

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: