Clutch adjustment on 2745 massey tractor????

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Clutch adjustment on 2745 massey tractor????

Chris I am not sure how to adjust clutch free play on my massey 2745 messey tractor i adjusted it on the cable and it helped but i know this is not the proper way to do it i pulled the inspection plate but i can't figure out what to do can someone help me?
Geoff Gane Hi Chris,I have never had anything to do with a 2745 but have worked many times on 2620/2640,2680 etc...if the clutch system is the same...ie hydraulically operated then ther is no provision for adjustment ...if ther is a problem with the clutch then I think you have to be brave and split the tractor and have a look see....sorry mate but I think that is the bottom line...let me know how you progress and of you need any more help please ask...Regards...geoff
clint brainard The clutch on your tractor is more than likely a spicer angle clutch with trans brake just like a heavy duty truck would have. you want to limit your free play to about an eighth of an inch. Under the bell housing is an inspection cover,remove it and you will see by turning the flywheel a lock plate with a three eighth inch bolt holding it to the clutch cover. By removing that bolt and lock there is a adjustment ring that can only be turned when the clutch pedal is depressed. That will let adjust your clearance between the pull type throw out bearing and your trans brake which should be about three eights of on inch when the clutch is released.
What you need to do is go to a truck repair shop if you have problems and they can tell you how to do it a lot easier than I can by typing. Just remember that when you move the adjustment ring it will change your free play.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: