Converting MF135 to one wire alternator

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Converting MF135 to one wire alternator

Wilson Will turn motor over with starter but not getting power to coil except when key in start postion. Not getting power when in run postion. Any help with wire routing would be appreciated.
Big Dean Hi Wilson
If you will send me an email address I have a drawing on the CD repair disc I sell for the MF100 series tractors I can email you that drawing showing where all the wires connect I need to know if your has the Perkins Gas engine or the Continental Gas engine they wire different. My email address is daustin62@aol.com. Big Dean

Ron You're wasting your time.

One-wire alternators have no business on tractors as they must be spun to about 2,000 rpm before they will "self-energize" and therefore start charging the battery.

Replace it with the correct alternator and then follow the wiring diagram and you'll be in business.

Mike Walters I just converted my 1973 135 from a generator to a Ford alternator out of a 1987 Mustang with an intagral voltage regulator, it works great and was easy to wire up just run the two main wires to the battery, the yellow to the ignition and the small green wire to an indicator light wired up to power on with the key and it works great the indicator operates as a charge indicator lt. I did however have to make a bracket and change the pulley

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: