MF 65 rod and main bearings

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 65 rod and main bearings

Gideon Porth I am working on replacing the rear oil seal in a 1965 MF65 diesel and wanted to check the rod and main bearings while I'm in the engine to see if they need replacement. Does anyone know what the clearances should be for them (I have a shop manual ordered and on its way for this tractor)? Also, any pointers on replacing the oil seal? Thanks.
Big Dean Main bearing Clearance is 0.003 to 0.005 The Rods bearing Clearance is 0.0025 to 0.004. If you are use to working on gas engines this will sound like a lot of clearance. I know the first time I rebuilt one of the Perkins engine I read that part several times I thought that can't be right after working on them for 27 years I know it is right. To replace the front seal you have to remove everything from the engine forward by unbolting the front axle support and rolling it forward. To replace the rear seal you have to split the tractor between the engine and transmission. Remove the clutch assembly and the flywheel to access the rear seal. If I can be of further help email me at daustin62@aol.com

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: