Massey 35 Transmission Locking in gear

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey 35 Transmission Locking in gear

Bert I have a Massey 35 that is locked in 1st gear. I've tried to unlock it via the hole in the top of the transmission by the gear shift but can't get it unlocked. I've had this problem a few times in the past but have always been able to get it unlocked via the hole by the shifter with a long screwdriver.

Any ideas of what else I can do short of taking it apart? Which I really don't want to do.

Big Dean Hi Bert I was a Massey Ferguson mechanic for 27 years. Two thing on getting your tractor shift lever unstuck. do you have the short lever in neutral to relieve any pressure on the gears. & the other is that you should be prying on the big gear at the front of the transmission that you can see through the filler hole toward the back for First. If you cannot unstick that way could it maybe in second or third gear if it is stuck in one of those you have to pry on the shift fork you can see through the filler hole. I have unstuck no telling how many like that. if you cannot get it unstuck like this you may have a shift fork broke but the lever should move if the fork is broke. If I can be of further help Email me at daustin62@aol.com. Big Dean
Alan Ragsdale Hello, Iíve had this problem, stuck in reverse a few time and am familiar with this trick to "unstuck the gears". My tracker made a clunk noise and the shifting is all fine, but the tractor will not move. PTO seems to work normal. Sound like big trouble to me? Any ideas welcome.
Alan

pete Alan, take it you have a massey 35.... If so....we had a hydraulic problem with ours rendering the pump broken. To get to the pump the seat top comes off (very heavy) and you have to remove a split pin which secures a sleave which slides along the drive shaft giving you access. If you put on the sleave the wrong way like i did, the vibration slides the sleave off the little stub at the back near the wheels, giving you a break in the drive shaft...tractor starts, revs, gives to gear R 1 2 3 H/L position but no drive. It could be that your sleave has slipped off.

hope this helps

pete

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: