Trencher Attachment for a 3 - point hitch

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Trencher Attachment for a 3 - point hitch

Barry E. Smith I am searching for a trencher attachment that will operate from a 3 - point hitch and is PTO driven. I have a 1998 Massey Ferguson 240 diesel farm tractor with 42 hp at the PTO. Can anyone tell me if there is a trencher attachment available on the market similar to what Ditch Witch uses on their tractors?
Thanks,
Barry

Tom Harrison Try this link: www.gearmore.com/trencher.pdf
Tom Harrison Kubota has one but it only fits their B series tractors. The following link (Bolton) is not the "ditch Witch" style; it is smaller but also less expensive:
http://www.boltonpowerequip.com/ptotrencher.html

John Timko Bradco makes one, Its on the web.
Tom Harrison Here is the Bradco link John referred to:
http://www.attachment.com/pdf/specsheets/612 Trencher.pdf

JOHN STALEY LOOKING FOR A CHAIN REPLACEMENT ON A 1974 600 BRADCO. i'M ALSO LOOKING FOR REPLACEMENT SPROCKETS AS WELL.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

jack nelson I just bought a really nice one made by Kelley manufacturing, the people that make backhoe attachments. It is for sale if you haven't found one yet.
Tim Frevert What is the specs on it?
How much do you want ?
Where are you located ?
I am in Kansas

Bruce Brogden Called Bradco and talked to sales guy. You MUST HAVE a hydrostatic transmission in order to run a 3-point trencher. Reason is that you have to have a ground speed of no more than 4 feet/minute @ the 540 PTO RPM rating. Manual low speed transmissions are way to fast and you'd burn up a clutch trying to go slow enough.
Ken Humphries Why not have drive wheels on the trencher attachment and put the tractor in neutral?
John I have a trencher that you do not need a creper gear or hydrstacic drive contact me at this e-mail adress
Robert C Franzen I am buying An Alburn trencher that fit on the back of a Ford 340B tractor; is this what you are interested in.
steve walden kubota makes a 3-point trencher mod.5500a made to fit b series tractors top link &PTO shaft modifications will allow to fit other tractors note(hydo-static drive is reqiured for speed control)while trenching
antonio lopez i have kubota 5520
giridhar chinchode Hello
I need support and advice for a trencher attachment for a three point hitch.I am in need to buy a trencher which can be attached to John Deere tractor model number 5060 E which is a 60 Hp tractor year of make 2011.Trencher should be driven with the help of
Pto shaft Rpm 540 or 1ooo Rpm as the tractor has two Pto speeds.Kindly support by suggesting suppliers whom I could contact.The purpose of the trencher is to lay pvc pipes one inch dia to 6 inch dia depth 2 feet to three feet for water irrigation and to make trenches to lay drip irrigation lateral pipes.Thanks c g reddy

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: