SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

massey 1155 and 2775 engine interchangable?

joel I have a 1973 Massey 1155 with the 540 Perkins engine, however it is siezed up. I found a 1981 Massey 2775 with a v8 Perkins and the engines look very similar besides bolt on stuff I was wondering if the blocks are the same and basically, am I going to be able to make the engine work in my 1155
nick The 1155 had a 540 c.i. motor and the 2775 had a 640 c.i.. There is a big difference in the size of the engine but I'm sure if an adapter plate can be made and shafts lenghtened then it could be made to fit but that a lot of machining and money.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: