SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 35 CAV pump

Bill Hackney Looking for some help from the experts. I have a MF 35 w/perkins diesel CAV injector pump. For the last couple years it has been leaking around the fuel cut-off shaft on pump and over the winter would leak out if fuel not shut off at the tank. In the past I have been able to open valve @ tank and let gravity bleed for a few days then pull it a little down the driveway and would fire right up. After initial start would run fine the rest of season if cut fuel off @ tank after every use. This year wouldn't start so I have now bled it from the lift pump to the injection pump and still no fuel to the injectors. I have now bled it 3 times starting at the lift pump and working my way to the injection pump. I can get a good steady stream out the lower inj. pump bleed valve and a decent stream out the top bleed valve. However I can not get any fuel @ the injectors. I have tried to bleed it @ the injector tubes at both the pump end and injector end and still no fuel. I have removed the timing cover on pump and turned engine, pump seems to be turning fine. Can anyone shed some light on whether these pumps have any kind of screen etc. that might be clogged and the reason I am not getting fuel to the injector lines? Tractor was running fine when parked last year. I have bled both filters and injection pump numerous times now and still no flow out of end of pump at injector lines. Any help is greatly appreciated.
thepumpguysc Pretty common problem. Either a stuck metering valve or stuck pumping plungers.
SOMETIMES you can free a stuck MV by cranking the engine and "push and pull" the stop cable 6-7-8 times while cranking the engine.IF that doesnt work the top cover on the pump has to be raised and the MV freed by hand. IF its free and still doesnt crank, its the pumping plungers inside the pump and it must come apart.

Bill Thanks for the tips! I will give those a shot and see what happens, need to remove the top cover and replace o-rings on shafts anyways.
thepumpguysc if you need P#'s let me know.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: