SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 3690 PTO troubles

MF3690 Hello everyone! New to the forum and in search of some advice/help with my 1992 Massey Ferguson 3690. Have owned the tractor for about 10 years and have never used the PTO, now I need to use it on a second baler we bought..

Here are the details: Engage the switch in the cab, PTO engages and spins for about 4-5 seconds then shuts off and the light on the dash blinks. When I was in a pinch, I swapped the wire from the diff lock solenoid to the pto solenoid and ran it like that fine, but without the use of brakes obviously.. So we know the solenoid is fine. Switch is fine. In my mind it all pointed the PTO speed sensor, so I installed a new one and still didnt fix the problem. I've looked over the wires as well as I could (they are in a loom) and tested them and they seem fine also. I thought maybe the wires to the PTO speed sensor were broke or grounding somewhere, so I rigged up a new wire from the sensor to the connector at the autotronic box and still nothing.

I will also say that, all other functions with the autotronic box work fine and I've tediously looked it over and nothing seems fried on the board..

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

MPM Put the wires back in proper order and swap the relays and see if the proplem is corrected on the pto.
scott mabe hello i have a mf 3630 my pto stopped working a couple years back took it to the shop and when i got it back pto works pto light flashes and no brakes i have to bleed them daily is the diff lock switch related to the brakes the tractor had great brakes when i took it in as soon as they brought it back the brakes hasent worked please let me know about your problem 1-336-657-1559 thanks scott

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: