MF 135 stuck in gear

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

MF 135 stuck in gear

George I have a MF 135, diesel. I have had no problems with it until today. IT is now physically stuck in reverse.
I was in reverse; it felt like it grinded a bit as I went into gear, and now I cannot physically move the gear shift to get it into neutral or another gear. Any ideas??

Ian Crawford : I have a MF 135, diesel. I have had no problems with it until today. IT is now physically stuck in reverse.
: I was in reverse; it felt like it grinded a bit as I went into gear, and now I cannot physically move the gear shift to get it into neutral or another gear. Any ideas??

Ian Crawford : I have a MF 135, diesel. I have had no problems with it until today. IT is now physically stuck in reverse.
: I was in reverse; it felt like it grinded a bit as I went into gear, and now I cannot physically move the gear shift to get it into neutral or another gear. Any ideas??

I have had tractors with the fault that you describe and i found the problem to be the interlock plate bolted to the rear of the trans housing, the plate restricts the travel of the selector rod, but the plate either wears or breaks and allows the rod to travel past the point where the gear lever can bring it back.

George Thanks, I was able to move the gear into neutral by using the screwdriver through the filler hole trick. It's fine until next time now.
Tim Blaise Do you have acces to a delever. that is what I used on my brothers access tractor. That he uses to get into tractor shows. It is a real pain in the ass.

Steve : I have a MF 135, diesel. I have had no problems with it until today. IT is now physically stuck in reverse.

Tap the shift lever on top with a hammer. That trick used to work on my 130 once it got old.

Bill Staples : I have a MF 135, diesel. I have had no problems with it until today. IT is now physically stuck in reverse.

Bill Staples The old long screwdriver in the oil filler hole worked for me. You have to get past the first shifter fork (second and third gears), where the shift lever is probably stuck, and pry the rear of the second shifter fork (reverse and first gears) towards the front of the tractor. A bright little flashlight helps!
Joe Coyan : I have a MF 135, diesel. I have had no problems with it until today. IT is now physically stuck in reverse.

I've also had the same problem and the screwdriver in the oil fitting is the way to fix it. I was told that this is a common problem with the older models.

Phil Coppola : I have a MF 135, gas. It has stuck in gear many times and I have been able to free it with the screwdriver in the fill port. It is stuck in reverse with the shifter in the neutral position. I have it on flat ground with no impliment on it and have spun the gears for hours to no avail.

will NC Mines stuck in first so logically I have to pry the big gear rearward thru the filler port. I have tried slamming a prybar with no tension on gears(in neutral with clutch depressed), with full forward tension using my truck to pull against it in gear with clutch engaged and with partial tension and having my wife bounce on the chain as I pried. Am I missing something?

Dan : I have a MF 3060 Autotronic. It is stuck in first gear. Any solutionds, please.
kayumhoosein I have a M135 Fiat Agri New Holland tractor and I develop a problem which my tractor is not reversing.
.I am not getting reverse . I am getting forward.
I am getting C gear forward and not reverse in B gear . What should I do?

Joe Konieczny : I have a MF 135, diesel. I have had no problems with it until a week ago. IT is now physically stuck in first unstuck it with a screwdriver and a week later it stuck again. someone said i need a new gear shit. Is he write Help

mark i have a Fiat 640 tractor stuck in 3rd gear. will not go into any other gear or reverse. No grinding, just wont move. However if i place it into neutral it drives. any ideas???

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: