SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 135 Gas Tractpr Timing & Firing Order

Cleo Mathes I have paid an individual to repair my deceased father's MF 135 and I have paid to have the block rebuilt. Now that it is back together the repair man can't make it run. I have purchased a repair book but he says it is unclear. He needs to know the timing and firing order. It starts but will not keep running. Can you help? Sure would appreciate it. He has had my tractor for two years. Cleo
Cleo Mathes I would like to know the timing and firing order for my MF 135 gas tractor. It was my deceased father's tractor and I had it rebuilt and now after keeping my tractor for two years the repair man says he can start it but can't keep it running. He thinks it is the timing or firing pattern. Sure would appreciate any help.
Thanks, Cleo

Cleo Mathes I would like to know the timing and firing order for my MF 135 gas tractor. It was my deceased father's tractor and I had it rebuilt and now after keeping my tractor for two years the repair man says he can start it but can't keep it running. He thinks it is the timing or firing pattern. Sure would appreciate any help.
Thanks, Cleo

GEEBEE 2 years !!! the firing order is 1-2-3. the timing is set with the #1 piston at TDC on the compression stroke (with both valves closed), and the gears aligned with the dots and distributor rotor pointing to #1. Also if he had the flywheel off did he replace it in the correct position with the holes lined up ? as this could throw off the TDC mark on the flywheel.
Cleo Mathes Thank's so much for the information. I will deliver it this evening. I really would like my tractor back, and thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate it.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: