SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF TO-35 distributor beoing pushed up

Chuck Greetings:

I just bought a Massey-Fergusen TO-35 that is in good shape and has been running well. All of a sudden it is pushing the distributoer shaft upward and disengages the shaft from the cam. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? The camshaft appears solid in its bearings and the distributor clamp clamps the shaft well. Frankly I'm out of ideas.

Sheldon First check the distributer. If the discributer binds, it will cause this problem.
Your camshaft bearings may also be worn. If the gear surface on the cam is damaged, replace the camshaft and possibly the gear on the distributer. If you have to install cam bushings in the block, they will have to be machined in. Oversized timing gears should be available for this tractor if you have too much backlash.

jerry mine did the same thing, my mechanical advance in the distributer fell apart (below points and condensor) and lock up my distributer. Put in a new distributer and the problem is fixed.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: