SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

TO-35 Massey Ferguson

John from Michigan I cannot find any info on what type of oil is used in the hydralic system in my TO-35.
I've been told that the hyd., transmission and gears all use the same type of oil. Suppose to be all enclosed together in the tractor.
Someone PLEASE help.
E-Mail me dakota.42@comcast.net

Thanks in advance
John

garymck Manual says to use straight mineral oil. Massey Ferguson uses MF Permatran 3. Others recommend GL-1 90 wt. mineral oil (not EP gear oil). Transission and hydraulic sustem use same oil.
garymck Make that transmission and hydraulic system use same oil.
Fred Hart i use gl-1 90wt. from NAPA
they can get it for you in 1 gal or 5 gal containers. best price i have found.

will need 8 gals. if you are going to change the oil.

richard I just changed mine yesterday and also used the napa mineral oil GL 1 classification 90 wt.
bill Permatran 3 is not the same as m1103. M1103 sae 90 is the correct oil for a to 35. Any MF or agco dealer will stock this.
Joe Goff
Re: TO-35  Massey Ferguson

John,
I have a MF 35 1962 that I have been using (GL-1 9o wt. gear oil, pure mineral lubricant)in for 25 years. This is what my book calls for. My MF 35 serial number SGF 233090 has a combined transmission, differential and hydraulic system. You add the oil through a 1 1/2" plug by the shift lever. If you are going to change the oil be sure and remove the round plate on the right side of the tractor under the seat where the PTO engage lever is mounted AFTER you drain the oil. There is a filter screen inside just below the opening that you need to remove and clean. See the pictures I have attached,
Good liuck,
Joe

Joe Goff

John,
I told you the PTO engage lever was on the right side of the tractor, it's on the left, sorry about that.

Joe

Joe Goff

John,
See attached picture for fill plug location.

Joe

Richard I was wondering if you could tell me where the plug is to drain the hydraulic oil or is the hydraulic oil mixed in with he transmission oil?
David Tractor Supply Company (TCS) has the correct oil.
It is labeled for Ford tractors. Transmision fluid.
Travelers All Mineral SAE 90 oil GL-1
$20 for 2 gallons
TSC SKU No. 0806600

Ronnie If I over fill the trans will it leak through to the bellhousing. The reason I ask is because it was over filled and started leaking from the inspection plate and never leaked before that

Ronnie If I over fill the trans will it leak through to the bellhousing. The reason I ask is because it was over filled and started leaking from the inspection plate and never leaked before that

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: