massey ferguson 4255 tach not working

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

massey ferguson 4255 tach not working

brad need help on how to diagnose tach problem on a mf 4255 already checked and changed speed sensor on auxilary hydraulic pump beleive problem is in the instrument panel also have replaced tach itself so now im trying to find out how to check to see if problem is in wiring or circuit board on back of instrument panel
Geoff Gane Brad without the correct diagnostic equipment you are not going to get anywhere unless you are very lucky....your local MF dealer is the one who will be able to diagnose your problem....I may stand to be corrected but from memory the tach is powered from the alternator....Best regards....Geoff
brad i have a factory service manual and it shows that the tach is drove from the speed sensor on rear aux hydraulic pump i have ohmed sensor it is 350 ohms which is what the manual says it should be and specifically it does state that the sensor is what drives tach and as far as my local mf dealer they are no help at all im surprised mf allows them to keep a factory service account im afraid that im just gonna have to shell out the 950 bucks for the new instrument panel and thanks to product improvement the wiring harness because the panel in mine has three elec connectors and the new one only has one 36 pin connector although my service manual does have new to old wiring schematics and cross references only good reason to have factory manual even though its not worth the 350 dollars mf ask for it thanks for your input on situation it is very appreciated

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: