1976 John Deere 214

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1976 John Deere 214

Brian I'm pretty sure I'm buying my brothers old 214. It's about as nice a tractor as you would find for the year. Is it possible to put a mulch kit on one of these? He said he thought they called it a 47" deck, but probably is a 48". Are parts still readily available for this model? I was really looking to buy a new lower end machine, but this thing looks like it will last a long time. But If parts are hard to come by, maybe it's not worth it, what do you think? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks
bontai Joe The 214 is a great tractor and most parts are still available from Deere. There were lots of these built over many years, so used parts are easy to find on ebay etc. You should check out www.weekendfreedommachines.org for info on your tractor. That is a website of Deere owners of pre 1992 garden tractors. Their archives are a vast source of info and photos. Don't know about your mulch kit for the model 47 deck. It's a good machine powered by the K series Kohler that is a very durable engine and easily rebuildable should the need arrise.
Brian Thanks Joe for the info. I'll check that site out. I just may end up a Deere owner....
bontai Joe One last thing I forgot to tell you is that the 200 series has a lot of drive parts and hitch parts and attachments shared with the old 110 and 112 series tractors. There is a sleeve hitch available that would allow you to pull a plow, rear scraper blade, cultivating tools. The front mounted a snowblower, a PTO driven electric generator, and some other neat stuff.

Brian Thanks again Joe. That site you gave is great. Should be a good place to find things for the 214 or info.
Brian JOHN DEERE 1993 GT-242 MOWER & SNO-BLOWER
14 H.P KAWASAKI, GEAR SHIFT, 38" MOWER WITH 38" SNO BLOWER ATTACHMENT, ALL GOOD CONDITION. See picture of similar machine at link. $1295 Rochester, NY (585) 247-6690 link

I came across this Deere if anyone is interested. I am buying the 214, so I'm not interested anymore.

smith Good day,
my name is smith . i saw your advert on net where the price is not stated and i will like you to forward me the price and it present conditiom.moreover i\'m paying with a usa certified cashier check. do not forget to forward the pix of the product.i will handle the shipment of the product

Brian Read it again, it says what it is for how much and the phone number to call. It's in Rochester NY, and it's a 242

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: