Stanley Lawn/Garden Tractors

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Stanley Lawn/Garden Tractors

Wendy Does anyone have any experience with Stanley Garden Tractors? I can't find a website on Stanley like Murray has - for manuals downloading, service/distributors. Does anyone know if its easy to find parts for Stanley?
Wendy Does anyone have any experience with Stanley Garden Tractors? I can't find a website on Stanley like Murray has - for manuals downloading, service/distributors. Does anyone know if its easy to find parts for Stanley?
Jim (WV) Stanleys are sold thru Wal-Mart, might check with them for help. If you have'nt bought one yet, don't.

Good Luck,
Jim

Wendy Hey Jim........... why do you say that?? "if you haven't bought one yet, don't"

just trying to get some input here - thanks!

Jim (WV) Wendy, they are cheaply made and not dependable.
If you need service on it, think about where you are going to get it ?, wal-mart does'nt do it, they farm it out to a local lawn tractor repair shop and who knows how long they will have it and "who" is going to be working on it. All I'm saying is you can do better with spending your money on a quality built lawn tractor from a dealer or even Sears craftsman. At least you know if you ever need support, trained technicians will be doing the repair work, plus you have a minimum 2 year warranty, and dealers such as John Deere, have a 30 day return guarantee, meaning if you don't like it, you return it for a full refund. Sears, I think does even better with up to 60 days or so. I'm not sure of Cub Cadet's return policy, but they too are better quality lawn tractors.

Good luck and I hope this helps you some :)
Jim

Dennis As they are made by Murray, should be able to use Murray parts.

FWIW, Murray has a big recall on for defective fuel tanks (as of March 2003.)

Recalling tractors with 38-, 40-, 42-, 46-, and 52-inch cutting decks and purchased from Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Mills Fleet Farm or AAFES.

See the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission website at:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml03/03089.html

Dennis BTW, you can download Murray owners manuals at

http://www.outdoordistributors.com/Murray/Murray_Manuals.html

(Don't know if a Stanley is cross-referenced on this model list or not.)

Dennis BTW, you can download Murray owners manuals at

http://www.outdoordistributors.com/Murray/Murray_Manuals.html

(Don't know if a Stanley is cross-referenced on this model list or not.)

Wendy Thanks for the input Dennis - we had gone a little further in checking Stanley out and had found out they are actually made by Murray; we also read a piece about the recall..... so we shall see.
Joseph i have owned one for 3 years. its a 17.5. the only problen i had was a solinoid going out. it has served me well up tp this point.
Joe

tommy I have a 21hp. stanley mower and have used it like a farm tractor for over a year. I have 6 rough acers that we use it on.
Best buy I've made in a long time.

gary I have a 2 yr old 22 hp unit,(tehcumshe) engine, rated in the owners manuel as the engine with least life. I'm on my second set of wheel bearings, (plastic) and now need kingpin bearings, (same plastic and part #), as well as another set of wheel bearings. I'm a retired master auto tech who is addament about maintenence, but these units will have you doing more maintenence than mowing!
I'd never but another one. As the first comment on this page indicates, they should change there name from stanley to shoddy.

gary I have a 2 yr old 22 hp unit,(tehcumshe) engine, rated in the owners manuel as the engine with least life. I'm on my second set of wheel bearings, (plastic) and now need kingpin bearings, (same plastic and part #), as well as another set of wheel bearings. I'm a retired master auto tech who is addament about maintenence, but these units will have you doing more maintenence than mowing!
I'd never buy another one. As the first comment on this page indicates, they should change there name from stanley to shoddy.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: