Craftsman mower deck replacement

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Craftsman mower deck replacement

Kate I have a 1987 Craftsman 11HP model 917.254230 that had a 38" mower deck. The deck rusted out and needs to be replaced. Can I use a different sized deck or can this tractor only take a 38" deck?

-Kate

john go back with the 38 in deck the 11 hp wont tote any thing bigger
Kate OK, thanks! I was thinking that would be the case. Besides, the 38" fits perfectly through our backyard gate, so any bigger would be a hassle!

Any suggestions on the best place to buy a deck? I tried the Sears website and they are pretty pricey. I didn't know if there were other companies that make a deck that would fit the Craftsman mowers...

-=kt=-

john try american yard products they make craftsman mowers too
Stephen Your locked into the 38" deck size on your model. The hangers, belts brackets changed completely for the 1993-1994 models nothing back fits to the older models.
DJ belt on craftsman 42 inch cut keeps throwing off even with a new sears belt towers are not broke pullys are tight are there any ajustments?
Dave Pringle I have purchased a used mower without a mower deck. It's a craftsman model #917.255812, and came new with a 38"deck. Will another size deck fit? If so what size or model #?. It's a 14hp twin. Thank-you.
Virginia I have a Craftsman 42" mower model 912.271120 with a rusted out deck. Can I replace the 42" deck with a larger size?
Dan in Wisconsin Craftsman model 917258480 - need to replace the deck.
Dan in Wisconsin Craftsman model 917258480 - need to replace the deck.
nate in NC I have a craftsman II riding mower with 12.5 IC engine and 38" deck. My deck is rusted out and needs replacement. I've been contacted about a nice used 42" deck for sale. Will it fit, hangers, overall deck etc.??? My model # is 917.255520. Thanks for your time on this.
bryon smith i have a craftsman the deck is missing which was a 42" can i replace it with a deck from another mower thank u
Joe I have a 1997 42" craftsman lawn tractor with a rusted out deck. The model number for the tractor is 917.249790 can I replace it with a newer deck? I heard that some newer Craftsman 42" decks aren't interchangeable.
Thanks,
Joe

frank I am looking for a deck for craftsman 1600cc with a 38'' deck, I live in Ireland and l do not want to get fleased, Ta
mike I have a 42' 15 hp Craftsman mower and the is model 917 256552, someone has a Craftsman mower model 917.271750 42" deck, they are about 2 hours from me but selling it cheap, will these 2 interchange? I tried to get them to give me measurements and pics but they are older dont understand how to send pics. Thanks

Dan I have 26 HP Craftsman riding lawnmower with a 54 " deck, would like to replace it with a 46 - 48 " deck. This is a 2009 model. Any one know if this can be done?

Dan

Andy I too have a Craftsman lawn tractor (917.270710) with a factory 42" deck that's rusted out and would like to go bigger. It originally had a 17hp Briggs, but I repowered it with a 22hp v-twin, so I know I'd at least have the power to run it. I'm wondering if a larger deck would be a direct fit (if it is and you'd have a part number too that would be awesome). Any help is greatly appreciated!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: