Garden Mark (Montgomery Wards) Tiller-Diagrams needed

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Garden Mark (Montgomery Wards) Tiller-Diagrams needed

Steve Rockey Hello,
I have a 1966 Mongomery Wards Garden Mark front tine rototiller model no. GIL 1593A. It runs well, but I do not have any diagram of the belt positioning, and when put into reverse, the reverse belt falls off. If someone has the manual for this tiller, I would be eternally grateful for some scans of the pages.
Does anyone know if there are Mongomery Ward sites out there that may have diagrams online?

Thank you,

Steve Rockey

Steve Rockey Hello,
I have a 1966 Mongomery Wards Garden Mark front tine rototiller model no. GIL 1593A. It runs well, but I do not have any diagram of the belt positioning, and when put into reverse, the reverse belt falls off. If someone has the manual for this tiller, I would be eternally grateful for some scans of the pages.
Does anyone know if there are Mongomery Ward sites out there that may have diagrams online?

Thank you,

Steve Rockey

Jack I will look in my manuals and see if I have that model and get back to you Jack
Neil Hjelmeland I also have a Garden Mark, 1964. Model GIL 1573A.
I have the same problem and would also like diagrams and pats list for linkage.
Any help would be great!!!

mike g I could also use abelt diagram for mongomery ward gil1580g tiller!!! "help"!!!
Tony Does anyone know where we can get parts? I have Model GIL-1580G and need parts for the gear box.
BOBBY OGDEN I FOUND PARTS AT THE FOLLOWING.
INDUSTRIAL LAWN & GARDEN
8320 SE. WOODSTOCK
PORTLAND, OREGON 97266
503-775-3088
THIS IS JUST A CUBBY HOLE OF A PLACE, BUT THEY HAVE ALL THE OLD IPC'S & ARE GOOD AT FINDING HARD TO GET PARTS.

Art Metta I have a Montgomery Wards Owners Guide and Parts List.
I'm Looking For the Following Parts
Tines R.H Part Number 3389 -8ea. and L.H. 3390 - 8ea.
Any Suggestions as where I my find Parts or if they available???

I'll be happy to copy the owners Manual and arts List

C Amich I have a GIL 1573A tiller, my sister took out the spark plug,lost it, now I don't know what kind was in it! If anyone can tell me, I would really appreciate it!
dennis i have a M/W tiller model GIL 39032B and need a diagram for the controls for reverse and forward and thoughts ?
orville B Would like deacal for hood of a graden mark tractor. Am restoring one I have had since 1966.
Mark T
I have a GIL-1565E model Ser# 27X40779 I need a coil for the motor and imput shaft bearing and/or seal The seal # is JC--075-125-8-1 (i think) can't see it very well. Any information is welcome. Most lawnmower sparkplugs will work in these motors. Try a Champion J19

Matt B. I am looking for a belt diagram of a Montgomery Ward tiller. Model # GIL 1580 F. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Matt B.

Mike I'm in need of a belt diagram for a Montgomery Wards tiller model #GIL 1589A
richard ghastin I have montgomery ward tiller mod. gil39032b ser. 1078c1 723 need parts list and exploded views of the tiller
Dave Farkas Would anyone know where I may be able to obtain a PDF file copy of the Operators / Owners, and Parts / Mechanical manuals for a Montgomery Wards Tiller: "Model GIL 30997 A", Serial No. 7012F1 946.

This unit is a front tine, having a 5 hp Briggs and Stratton.

Thanks,

Dave

Bluesgods I need PDF diagrams on the following: Montgomery Wards GARDEN MARK MODEL GIL-1589A Tiller
p.m. angelosanto have a montgomery ward rototiller model#gil1580f,which needs a set of oil seals for the tine gear box,and possibly parts # for seals.also,i need info., from a manual, on installation.possibly send pages to scan.thanks much.p.m.a
jimblack need belt info on wards tiller thanks
Dave R I need an owners manual or IPB for a Montgomery Ward tiller...GIL-1589A. Any help that can be provided would be most appreciated.
DR

Dave R Still looking for belt sizes for GIL-1589A.

Thanks...DR

Dave R Found Owners Manual for GIL-1589A at rustytiller.com.
Dave P I HAVE A GARDEN MARK ELECTRIC TILLER. MODEL #XIP-155A. SERIAL #59-X-1312. I NEED PARTS FOR THIS MODEL. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
acmark I ALSO NEED SEAL JC-075-125-8, DESPERATE!!!
ernie i have a garden mark snow blower date unknown.
i am trying to get it running but i need help .
can anyone give me advice.has no spark.
could be magnito.
please respond to my email.
thank you ernie

James recently purchased a used wards Garden Mark Snow thrower and It's runs great has a 5.0 hp Tecumseh motor and manual start.However I wanted to restore it to mint condition sandblast and prime and repaint and gloss but I'm wondering where I can get The decals for it I would ask a company to make them but due to copy right I can't The Model # is Gil-477c any help would be greatly appreciated I purchased for 150.00 and would like to put money into it Im a bit of a pc case modder so I like to restore and paint.

Thanks in advance

James

James ok sorry about that update with it I'ts a GIL-489A I can't find parts anywhere was thinking of making a bigger bucket and such mods to it
speedracer I have a 1565E Tiller,how do you get the flywheel off.It don't have any bolt holes to use puller.Does the square piece on the crank come off.Thanks for any help.
steve storey Im looking for a recoil kit for my montgromery ward garden tiller, 5.0 hp, front tillage.
cary Just aquired a MW 5 hp GIL-39011D, front tine.
Lokking for someone who has manual and could send (email). Having problems keeping running after gets warm. Carb adjustments are all the way in and must use manual choke to keep running. When it is around 32 - 38 degrees outside, it runs great but on wwarm days, runs only about 5 minutes, if lucky and DID work under a really good "load" when digging.

cary
I have a few manuals, for front tine tillers, if someone needs them.Can email in word form

Derl My Friend has a Wards Garden Mark front tine tiller. Model GIL-15894 or 1589A. We just need to know how old it is. Can some of you tell us?
Thanks you in advance.
Derl

Larry Pitts I have a tiller that was given to me, and I need a owner's manual. All I know about is the name, Longlife Suburban 5hp. Thanks for any help.
Gary Just got an old montgomery wards front tine tiller if you still have the manual or diagram please e-mail it.
Thnak You,
Gary

terry need to know what belts and how they go on.Gilson tiller 8 horse
Peter need a belt diagram for a montgomery wards tiller model # 39012 B a parts list would also help.
Jerry Lawson i have a 5hp perfectionist, model# GIL39012B and i need pics of where the belts go and i think that i am missing a pully for one belt plus i need a repair manual
Darin Dishman I have a Montgomery Ward Gil 1585B if you have a manual for that model that would be great. Looking for seals for gearbox.
tom looking for body manual for my wards "garden mark" snow thorwer 5 hp all steel construction
gil-484-c need to see where things go and what belts are needed.it needs a gear.i will pay for manual or copy's let me know

Rich Have older snow blower that keeps burning the belt off on the thrower side. Trying to find out if I'M getting the wrong size belts or if I have problems with the tension pully.

Michelle I have a late 60's or early 70's Wards 8 horse, 4 speed rototiller, which won't start. It looks like the model number is #90192 type #0652 code # 02-7210241. I put in new gas, new spark plug, cleanded the filter etc...a manual would help. Any suggestions?
Andrew Need new drive shaft for Garden Mark (Montgomery Wards) Electric Rototiller, This unit is also a floor Scrubber and Buffer.
Please help if you know where I can order this part.

Cat I have a Montgomery Ward Tiller # GIL-1530A Serial # 2FX01734 Need a manual Thanx
Donald Jankowski What size belts are used for the Montgomery Wards GIL 1580 j rototiller.
Thank you,Don

Frank Thompson I'm looking for a Manual for a 1965 Montgomery Wards Garden Mark 5HP, 4cycle,(by Briggs and Stratton ) Model: GIL-1580D
Serial Number: 96X63772
An email scanned copy or Xerox Copy would be fine.
I've been using the the tiller for years. And it just stop running. Can't read the Spark Plug,
and would like Points,Condenser, and Carb. Kit
info. to make immediate repairs.
Thanks
Frank Thompson

joe feudale I just got a Montgomery Ward Garden Mark front tiller it has a 5hp Briggs and Stratton engine i saw some numbers under the motor deck dont know if that is the model but what i need is a manual

for this tiller the guy who sold it to me says it sat for 25 yrs but he rebuilt it runs good but i need a belt on it it has one on now any help would be great

David Mendez I saw posting of you having a owners manual for this tiller, do you? If so, would it be possible to send me a copy of it?

Engine: 137202

Type: 1134 e1

Code: 981112ya

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

David Mendez

David Mendez The model number that I need a manual for is a GIL-1589a

I saw posting of you having a owners manual for this tiller, do you? If so, would it be possible to send me a copy of it?

Engine: 137202

Type: 1134 e1

Code: 981112ya

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

David Mendez

Brandon Blystone
I have a Garden Mark Montgomery Ward tiller model GIL 1500A. I'm looking for a manual or any assistance in getting this running. It was givin to me and dont know how long it has been since it was running. But cylinder is free and will turn over just cant get it to start. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Scott Got a manual for this if you still need one.
ALEX I HAVE A 77 MONTGOMERY WORD ROTOTILLER AND I NEED TO KNOW THE SIZE OF THE REVERSE BELT AND HOW ITS THE POSITION BECOUSE IT HAS THE OLD BELT BUT ITS TO BIG MAYBE IS THE WRONG SIZE I NEED THE DIAGRAM TO SEE AND THE BELTS NUNBER MAYBE SOMEBODY HAS THE SAME TILLER THANKS
Ben I have a Wards Tiller model # GIL 1570B. Need a manual or a belt diagram or any information at all on this hard to find model.

Thanks

(3-31-12)

phillip please can anyone tell me if the Dayton 2 speed front tine tiller is a montgomery wards model and if so does anyone have the belt diagram for this tiller their are three pulleys involved and 2 belts i am in desperate need of any and all pics for this and would greatly appreciate it if someone would email them to me thank you
donald gifford
tiller

I HAVE A REAR TINE TILLER THAT I KNOW THE NAME OF THE MOD.NO. 700081 76771 SER 1041C1 094 I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ANY INFO I CAN GET ON THIS TILLER LIKE NAME MANUAL ETC. THANKS DON

donald gifford
tiller

I HAVE A REAR TINE TILLER THAT I do not KNOW THE NAME OF THE MOD.NO. 700081 76771 SER 1041C1 094 I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ANY INFO I CAN GET ON THIS TILLER LIKE NAME MANUAL ETC. THANKS DON

ROD NEED INFORMATION ON WARDS GARDEN MARK MODEL # GIL 1580D.
BELT CONFIGURATION AND ANY DIAGRAMS OR PARTS LIST WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
TRYING TO GET THIS THING IN WORKING CONDITION
TKS
ROD

Russell Zuehlsdorff I have a Garden Mark Snow Thrower
and I would like to know where I can get parts
for it and where the points and condenes are.

Thank you
for help

Peter Febbroriello
Re: Garden Mark (Montgomery Wards) Tiller-Diagrams needed

I have the parts and instruction sheet for the Gilson 1593A (Montgomery Wards Garden Mark) roto tiller.
Please Email me at:
peterfebbroriello@sbcglobal.net

I also have engine manual for B&S 100202 0144-01 that is used on the 4hp version.

The forward belt is a 4L350
the reverse belt is 3L370

Emmett yours is an 1966
john Phillip,
Hi
I have the same problem I'm looking for the same diagram for the same tiller if you have it can you please send it
Thanks
john

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: