SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Unknown Cenex lawn tractor

Joe Devore
Unknown Cenex lawn tractor

I found an old riding lawn mower in the garage of my wife's family cabin and need to know what brand/model it is. on the side it says "Cenex" towards the front, "Special Edition" in the middle and "12/36 Extra Life" and "51 x 493" down low below "Special Edition". the unit is grey and red. I want to be able to see if the mower is functional/repairable as the cabin sits on 22+ acres and 3+ is open field to be kept up and a push mower is not an efficient method.

Joe Devore
Re: Unknown Cenex lawn tractor

Another photo of the unit "Special Edition" tag this time with the "12/36" logo in the bottom

Joe Devore
Re: Unknown Cenex lawn tractor

Final photo i was able to get of mower. this is a close up of the "12/36" logo

Sorry I am not able to get better photos or find model/serial stamps but the mower is currently completely covered with junk and i only had a few minutes after discovering it to get photos before leaving the cabin at the end of the weekend. Hopefully I will be heading back up to the cabin in 2 weeks to spend some quality time not prepping for the season.

Joe The cenex tractors were built by mtd,probably from the early 90's,next time you look at tractor clean off same & look on bottom of seat/on fender pan under seat,mtd usually put id tag at these locations.

If you locate tag,write down mod/sn of tractor,if your intrested in parts goto www.partstree.com & look up mod# in mtd lawn tractor listings,if you need/want an operators manual do a goggle search for mtd manuals,click on link to mtd manuals-pdf manual web archive,enter mod/sn,see if operators manual avail as a free download.If manual not avail,search ebay for mtd manuals & in listings see if manual listed for your tractor.

Joe Devore Thanks Joe for the info! I will be there the week of July 5-7 so hopefully I will be able to discover the MTD model and get it fixed up

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: