SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

3014 Ingersoll tractor

Glenn Hester Hello,
I have a 3014 Ingersoll Tractor. The engine went bad. It had a twin cylinder 14 HP B&S Vanguard horizontal shaft engine. Someone has a twin cylinder 18 hp B&S engine, horizontal shaft engine. I don't think it is a Vanguard. Do you know if the 18 hp engine will mount on my 3014 Ingersoll tractor?
Thanks
Glenn

bontai Joe You will need to check if the crankshaft dia and length is the same, if the height of the crankshaft is the same, if the bolt down pattern is the same and if the engine centerline to the end of the crank is the same.
rcbe in addition to Bontai Joe's good advice, you might find some help on those dimensions from Briggs' website: http://www.vanguardengines.com/vanguard-engines/detail/index.cfm?range=14%2D16%20Gross%20HP%2A&series=V%2DTwin%20Horizontal%20%26%20Vertical%20Shaft

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: