Ariens S-16H Hydrostatic Garden Tractor

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractors / Garden Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

Ariens S-16H Hydrostatic Garden Tractor

Danny Eddy I recently purchased a used Ariens tractor that has a decal on the hood S -16H Hydrostatic. It is shaft driven' has a shaft driven mower deck, hydraulic plow, and hydraulic 3 point hitch. It has a 16 horsepower Kohler engine. The engine serial # indicates it (engine) was built in 1987. I have tried to order manuals for the tractor but can't until I can give a model #. This is no longer on the tractor. Can anyone tell me what model this tractor is so I can order a manual??? Thank You. deddy@swrsb.ednet.ns.ca
sasmith : I recently purchased a used Ariens tractor that has a decal on the hood S -16H Hydrostatic. It is shaft driven' has a shaft driven mower deck, hydraulic plow, and hydraulic 3 point hitch. It has a 16 horsepower Kohler engine. The engine serial # indicates it (engine) was built in 1987. I have tried to order manuals for the tractor but can't until I can give a model #. This is no longer on the tractor. Can anyone tell me what model this tractor is so I can order a manual??? Thank You. deddy@swrsb.ednet.ns.ca

The model No. for the mower you have is 931018 S-16. I have had one since 1986. I have replaced the engine and deck. The mower is built tough. I love it. I think the actual mower is a 1973 model. You can write to the Ariens Company and get a manual at:
Ariens Company
655 West Ryan Street
Brillion, Wisconsin 54110-1098
Telephone (414) 756-2141

Mark Monroe : I recently purchased a used Ariens tractor that has a decal on the hood S -16H Hydrostatic. It is shaft driven' has a shaft driven mower deck, hydraulic plow, and hydraulic 3 point hitch. It has a 16 horsepower Kohler engine. The engine serial # indicates it (engine) was built in 1987. I have tried to order manuals for the tractor but can't until I can give a model #. This is no longer on the tractor. Can anyone tell me what model this tractor is so I can order a manual??? Thank You. deddy@swrsb.ednet.ns.ca

The model# is 931018

Pete Freeman I have the owners manual for my 931018. Part number for the manual is 31975
Greg Kelley : I recently purchased a used Ariens tractor that has a decal on the hood S -16H Hydrostatic. It is shaft driven' has a shaft driven mower deck, hydraulic plow, and hydraulic 3 point hitch. It has a 16 horsepower Kohler engine. The engine serial # indicates it (engine) was built in 1987. I have tried to order manuals for the tractor but can't until I can give a model #. This is no longer on the tractor. Can anyone tell me what model this tractor is so I can order a manual??? Thank You. deddy@swrsb.ednet.ns.ca

Greg Kelley I bought my 1978 Ariens 16-H in 1996, and swear it's the best garden-tractor you can get. Whenever I go to the area dealership for a part, the old parts-guy tells me to hang on to it because they don't make em like that anymore. I snow-blow, mow, and pull the cart around the place without a problem. I highly recommend changing the oil annually, and greasing "all" the fittings regularly. You have a breather valve under that's hard to get to, but that should also be kept clean and operational.
joe does anyone have problems with the interlock module continusly going bad/
Jeff Burke I am hoping to win one of these on ebay today and was wondering if any of the many added implements are still available and where one would be able to get them? It's quite a sweet machine!
Ron Lussier I am looking for a power steering unit or retrofit to fit a 16hp S-16 hydrostatic garden tractor. I have a 40 inch front end loader on it and find it very difficult to steer with material in the bucket. Any info would be very much appreciated.
Bill Hay : I recently purchased a used Ariens tractor that has a decal on the hood S -16H Hydrostatic. It is shaft driven' has a shaft driven mower deck, hydraulic plow, and hydraulic 3 point hitch. It has a 16 horsepower Kohler engine. The engine serial # indicates it (engine) was built in 1987. I have tried to order manuals for the tractor but can't until I can give a model #. This is no longer on the tractor. Can anyone tell me what model this tractor is so I can order a manual??? Thank You. deddy@swrsb.ednet.ns.ca

I have a S-16H that my father bought brand new in 1978....It still runs and mows great on the original engine. I have the tiller attachment and it works well also...I have the original sales slip for $1399.00 and all the manuals...The same tractor today, called the Ariens Grand Sierra, is over 12,000. I think my dad made a great investment...

Duane Broadwell I need info /repair or replacement of the hydraulic valve that operates the deck , front and rear assessories. All it says on it is Ward Co

Dick :My dad bought his 16 hp hydro garden tractor in 1971. I have it now. We replaced the started about 30 years ago and the battery about ever 7 or 8 years. Besides that it's all original. I don't use the mower any longer, I think the bearings are shot, but I have a set of toro gang mowers, like they use on the golf course, and the ariens puls a set of 3 without a problem. Dad bought the 2 stage snowblower about 25 years ago, but only used it a few years before he passed. Boy that thing could blow snow. To big for my drive so it just sits in the garage. I agree with you all, it's one hell of a machine. I'll probably end up giving it to my son in another 20 years or so.

Bob Ezatoff I am looking for a replacement engine for the S16H any help ?

Thanks Bob

wally clinton i nead to now how to addjust the hydro tran its to slow ita a geat trac. the best wally
dwclin@peoplepc.com

Lawrence Burden : I recently purchased a used Ariens tractor that has a decal on the hood S -16H Hydrostatic. It is shaft driven' has a shaft driven mower deck, hydraulic plow, and hydraulic 3 point hitch. It has a 16 horsepower Kohler engine. The engine serial # indicates it (engine) was built in 1987. I have tried to order manuals for the tractor but can't until I can give a model #. This is no longer on the tractor. Can anyone tell me what model this tractor is so I can order a manual??? Thank You. deddy@swrsb.ednet.ns.ca

I have a 1976 S16H with the Kohler and hydrostatic drive, shaft driven attachments and the model no. is 931010 and the part no. for the manual is 31723. shop manual is available on line for 24.95

C Degner Does anyone know what grade of hydraulic oil is used in this tractor. Also, there is no drain for the hydraulic oil. I guess a siphion would work. Any suggestions.

Ralph DeVitto :" I recently purchased a used Ariens tractor that has a decal on the hood S -16H Hydrostatic. Can anyone tell me what model this tractor is so I can order a manual??? Thank You. deddy@swrsb.ednet.ns.ca

Go Here:
http://apache.ariens.com/cgibin/ctrg0005?SESSIONID=0.8213132047263072&Site=ARIENSS

Put in these numbers for all mauals:

Model 931010
Serial 99999

I have the same machine, these numbers will work... good luck!
Regards,
Ralph

Don :Can anyone help me find a transmission for a 1974 Ariens 16 hp, Model# 931006?
Trans part # is 53120600
Bushing part# is 63102600 Shaft part# is 63105100
Shaft Key part# is 06600300.
Thanks for any help in advance, Don.

Joe I have fooled around with wheel horse, john deer and cub cadet. The cub was my favorite. I sold it to my brother and he would not sell it back to me. So I took a chance on a ariens s 16 and boy was I missing out! These are like a sherman tank! I love it and wish I had took the time to look closer 20 yrs ago!

Robert M. I believe my Father told me the hydrolics run engine oil.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractors / Garden Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: