Which Engine Briggs or Kohler?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractors / Garden Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

Which Engine Briggs or Kohler?

Mark I am looking at getting a New Garden Tractor I am wondering which is the better Engine Briggs., or the New Kohler's? Any suggestions?

Mark I am looking at getting a New Garden Tractor I am wondering which is the better Engine Briggs., or the New Kohler's? Any suggestions?

green dean : I am looking at getting a New Garden Tractor I am wondering which is the better Engine Briggs., or the New Kohler's? Any suggestions?

Hi mark, I don't think it really makes any difference. I own both, and have good luck with both. I do like the briggs vanguard quite well. Proper care should make both last a good long time.

Later,
Green Dean

nate : I am looking at getting a New Garden Tractor I am wondering which is the better Engine Briggs., or the New Kohler's? Any suggestions?

the briggs vanguard is a good engine,be leary of the intek...new kohler is good...kawasaki even better

Dale Whiteley : I am looking at getting a New Garden Tractor I am wondering which is the better Engine Briggs., or the New Kohler's? Any suggestions?

I am sold on Kohler engines. I have a troy-Built Tiller that is at least 20 yrs old. It sits for months at a time. I'll bet you that if I go out right now and it hasn't run since last summer, put in fresh gas it will be running on the third pull. Besides that, they have steel cylinders that last and last.

Dale Whiteley : : I am looking at getting a New Garden Tractor I am wondering which is the better Engine Briggs., or the New Kohler's? Any suggestions?

: Hi mark, I don't think it really makes any difference. I own both, and have good luck with both. I do like the briggs vanguard quite well. Proper care should make both last a good long time.

: Later,
: Green Dean

I am sold on Kohler engines. I have a troy-Built Tiller that is at least 20 yrs old. It sits for months at a time. I'll bet you that if I go out right now and it hasn't run since last summer, put in fresh gas it will be running on the third pull. Besides that, they have steel cylinders that last and last.

Dale Whiteley : : I am looking at getting a New Garden Tractor I am wondering which is the better Engine Briggs., or the New Kohler's? Any suggestions?

: the briggs vanguard is a good engine,be leary of the intek...new kohler is good...kawasaki even better

Bill Osadchey : I am looking at getting a New Garden Tractor I am wondering which is the better Engine Briggs., or the New Kohler's? Any suggestions?

I like them both. Currently I have 2002 Craftsman DLT 2000 lawn tractor with 25 hours 22hp Briggs&Stratton and it has performed magnificantly. No issues whatsoever and plenty of power! It'smooth running and powerful to mow the almost 2 acres I maintain. By the way this machine cost under $2000 and is good as a JD I used to have - maybe better.

Kevin Robb : the briggs vanguard is a good engine,be leary of the intek...new kohler is good...kawasaki even better

Can I ask why be leary of the intek?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractors / Garden Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: