SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

oil for dixie chopper

Sam I live in south florida and have a 60" dixie chopper with 27hp generac engine. It needs an oil change,the factory recommends lucas oil 15/40w which is not available here. A mower shop said to use 20/50 oil with api rating of SM. This seems like a heavy oil. Does anybody know if it would be ok to use this oil?

Thanks

rcbe from the Lucas website:

Lucas Oil Products are available at Auto Zone, Advance Auto, Napa, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Carquest, PEP Boys, Checker, Shucks, Kragen, Murray's and CSK Auto Parts Stores nationwide. To locate additional retailers please complete the search form below.

http://www.lucasoil.com/retailers/

sam Thanks for replying. The outlets in this area only carry lucas oil additives. I'm just trying to make sure of the correct weight, regardless of the brand.
rcbe then best to match the 15/40 viscosity range with a quality brand oil along with the SM rating.
Charles McCulloh You can buy 15/40 oil at Walmart, I buy it all the time for my Chevy diesel.Shell Rotel T
jordan if you live in so fl go to power mower up by the falls, thats where we buy ours.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: