SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Craftsman GT5000

matt Hi,
I replaced the battery on my GT5000 Craftwman this spring because I thought that it was bad, but the new battery is not charging while the tractor is running and when I turn on the mower deck it goes down to -5 on the charge meter. Do you know what the problem might be?

Joe Check to see if there's a wiring diag for tractor in your owners manual,see if it shows an inline fuse in wiring harness on alt output,you may just have a blown fuse,on some mod sears tractors they have whats called a protection loop that plugs in & is a fused link on alt output,if no fuse found you'll need repair manual for your make/mod eng to troubleshoot/repair charging system or let local mower shop/sears check tractor.
dennis Hi,
I have a gt5000 and when the transmission get warmed up it as a hard time going backwards and forget about going up a hill this way, had a mechanic look at the trans. but found nothing wrong with it, any suggestions

jim I have a gt 5000 that wont start has fire has fule .just quit and wont restart turns fule and air filter and plug.drain gas put fresh fule back in.check seat switch made a compleat cuircut and that diddnt work.what now.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):