SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Craftsman GT5000

matt Hi,
I replaced the battery on my GT5000 Craftwman this spring because I thought that it was bad, but the new battery is not charging while the tractor is running and when I turn on the mower deck it goes down to -5 on the charge meter. Do you know what the problem might be?

Joe Check to see if there's a wiring diag for tractor in your owners manual,see if it shows an inline fuse in wiring harness on alt output,you may just have a blown fuse,on some mod sears tractors they have whats called a protection loop that plugs in & is a fused link on alt output,if no fuse found you'll need repair manual for your make/mod eng to troubleshoot/repair charging system or let local mower shop/sears check tractor.
dennis Hi,
I have a gt5000 and when the transmission get warmed up it as a hard time going backwards and forget about going up a hill this way, had a mechanic look at the trans. but found nothing wrong with it, any suggestions

jim I have a gt 5000 that wont start has fire has fule .just quit and wont restart turns over.new fule and air filter and plug.drain gas put fresh fule back in.check seat switch made a compleat cuircut and that diddnt work.what now.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: