Honda 4500 Drive Kit Manual

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Honda 4500 Drive Kit Manual

Carl Hann Hi people

Got my 4518 with blower working like a dream. Not quite sure if I have right tensioner idler wheel installed in the drive kit. From what I'm reading.....should use a BX40 belt......but I had to use a 38" (5/8' X 38"). Works good.....but not completely sure I have it right.

The drive kit is DK4500....tag/sticker is still on it.

Anyone know where to find the PDF manual for's the only manual I can't find.

Dave Hi Carl,
I don’t know where you can find a pdf copy of the manual. I have a hard copy titled, “OPERATOR’S MANUAL, 42” TWO-STAGE SNOWBLOWER” Model No, SB752A (Canada), Model No. SB800 (USA). (Includes Installation Instructions for: DK4500 and DK752A)

The belt that comes with the snowblower is listed as “Insta-power #85380”. This belt is no longer made and if you go to a Honda dealer they will try to sell you a poor downgrade for a lot of money. The Insta-power belt is designed with Kevlar fibers to be able to transmit the HP. I found a suitable replacement made by Goodyear. It is called a HY-T PLUS MatchMaker and is a B35 (5L380) size. This belt works well with the DK4500 drive and seems to last as long as the original Insta-power belt.

If you have any other questions I can help you with, just post them. I try to avoid spam by not giving my email address.

Carl Hann Thanks Dave

That's what I needed to know.

Bought it used. Idler wheel was removed from spring loaded arm in drive kit. Previous owner had a box of parts from several mowers. Only one of the wheels had bushings on it to fit into idler tensioner arm. I'm pretty sure I used right wheel. No belts with it.

Anyways....I did use a 38" belt....but I noticed gouges in the side of it(still works good though).....guess it's not strong enough. I did read somewhere the 4518 tractor uses a BX40 belt....but a 40" is too long.

I now have a reference as to what I need.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears: