how to wire lawn tractor solenoid (MTD)

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

how to wire lawn tractor solenoid (MTD)

Jack Keys I'm not a mechanic but I should know this but I don't. How do I wire the solenoid. Does the hot wire from the battery connect on the same post as the wiring going to the starter?
Joe Battery cable goes to to large post on one side of sol,starter wire to other large post on oppsite side of sol,most but not all are usually marked batt or + on one of the large posts that goes to battery.
Dave M. I know how you must feel,I tryed to get an answer on the same thing, but MTD wouldn't give me the anwser, nor could I find it anywhere.
Here we go, sitting on my mower the Pos. from the battery went to the left side of the solenoid, the wire going to the starter went to the right side of the solenoid. The Neg. wire from the battery went to the back of the bracket of solenoid and the mower frame. Have fun mowing.

michael sherrell could someone tell me how to hot wire a murray lawn mower
preston Trying to read what the purpose of a garden tractor solinoid is used for. My son has 16 hp Koelher single piston engine (older engine) and has a belt pulley starter to the crank shaft (not sure if this was an addon). It has a coil (+ and -) on it with small terminals about a 6-32 thread. But am not sure if the coil that is this 16HP engine (like on an older truck for instance ) gets hooked up. Or if I need to add a solinoid from the battery. Then if I hook a solinoid, what about the coil (+ and -) ??
Wayne Thanks Dave M. We could not find any info on this either and we almost wired it the exact opposite of what you describec. Thanks again.
owen (new)key wont start motor.jumping(new)solenoid does.what did i do wrong on the rehookup of wiring?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractor / Garden Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: