belt routing for john deere stx46

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractors / Garden Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

belt routing for john deere stx46

Mark McPherson
I am in desprete need of info on the belt routing for the mowing deck on a john deere stx46! any help would be greatly appreciated as i am not getting any help from the dealers in my area. thanks, Mark

Peter Locke :
: I am in desprete need of info on the belt routing for the mowing deck on a john deere stx46! any help would be greatly appreciated as i am not getting any help from the dealers in my area. thanks, Mark

Peter Locke : Any luck on belt routing for stx46?
: I am in desprete need of info on the belt routing for the mowing deck on a john deere stx46! any help would be greatly appreciated as i am not getting any help from the dealers in my area. thanks, Mark

Pearl :
: I am in desprete need of info on the belt routing for the mowing deck on a john deere stx46! any help would be greatly appreciated as i am not getting any help from the dealers in my area. thanks, Pearl

Doug Bochatyn I can draw the belt routing, I just spent many hours figuring it out

jerry : I can email you a diagram of the routing of the belt if you wish.
Jerry

brad i would greatly appriciate it if someone could send me the diagram thank you

Vic
Re: belt routing for john deere stx46

i made a diagram for the belt routing. E-mail me at and I'll send it to you.

jpeg 434 kb.

randal :
: I am in desprete need of info on the belt routing for the mowing deck on a john deere stx46! any help would be greatly appreciated as i am not getting any help from the dealers in my area. thanks, randal

phyllis surginer :
: I am in desprete need of info on the belt routing for the mowing deck on a john deere stx46! any help would be greatly appreciated as i am not getting any help from the dealers in my area. thanks, phyllis

Tom : The belt routing that is posted here is not correct! It will put too much tension on the belt, cause it to shed at the idler and damage the belt! The correct routing is to go over both idlers from the clutch, then to the center blade pully.

The tension spring should go from the inner most idler puller to the right hand blade base.

There is a correct diagram posted with picture of the mower housing. The diagram with the tension spring on the left blade is wrong.

delbert goodman I need help with the belt routing for my john deere stx46. The dealers in my area are not any help. I have sent my wife's e-mail address as I do not have one of my own.
Delbert

Roger Why can't a person get a decent diagram of the belt setup?
Jason
Re: belt routing for john deere stx46

I aquired a used STX46 and like some of you I was needing to replace the blade belt. The belt size is 135 inches long x 1/2" I replace the tension arm and bushing...the posting showing the spring on the left is wrong. I went to my local JD dealer and to my surprise they scanned a page out of the tech book. It is too dark to post here...so I free handed one for you guys. A big hint...the belt goes behind both small idler pulleys. And do not attach the tension spring until you have the belt on.

Tom H The belt routing posted by Vic is WRONG. The tension spring is on the WRONG side as well.

I fought this almost the entire summer of 2010. All because of the 1st belt routing diagram.

**** Tom said: The belt routing that is posted here is not correct! It will put too much tension on the belt, cause it to shed at the idler and damage the belt! ****

Tom is 100 % CORRECT!!! The only difference is the belt on mine started shredding at the tension pulley.

1) Follow the belt routing diagram posted by Jason.

2) Make sure the tension spring is on the right side.

Go mow that lawn. Your STX46 is now ready to rock and roll.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Lawn Tractors / Garden Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: